Contact Us         Map & Directions        Worship Times        Affiliations        Give
A Bit of History

St. Paul's Episcopal has a long history in Columbus, Indiana.  We have been an active, engaged and faithful congregation for 155 years!  

In 1867, twelve dedicated Episcopalians began meeting under the leadership of William Turner, a deacon who had come to live in Columbus.  By 1876, a church had been built on 8th street in downtown Columbus.  In 1960, the present church was built on California St. to meet the needs of the growing congregation.  Extensive remodeling, tripling the size of the church and facility, was completed in 2002.  St. Paul’s has been served by twenty-one vicars, eight rectors, and a whole host of saints.